Last modified: 2007-06-23 by dov gutterman
Keywords: elyakhin | mo'atza mekomit elyakhin | text: hebrew (orange) | tree (green) | synagogue |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Dov Gutterman | 2:3
Emblem adopted 20th March 1990
Local Council Elyakhin (meaning God will prepare),
named after biblical King Yehoyakhin (Jehoiachin, 2 Kings 24) is
situated in Hefer Valley (Emeq Hefer) in the Sharon
area, 3 km south of Hadera. Est.
1954, pop. 2,600.
The flag on the city hall is white with emblem (and was hoisted upside-down). The municipal emblem was published in the official gazette (Rashumot, Yalkut ha-Pirsumim), YP 3752, 20 March 1990.
Sources: author's own observation, 12 September 2001; emblem received from the Local Council.
Dov Gutterman, 21 September 2001
Elyakhin was established in 1954 for the inhabitants of a
nearby transitional settlement, most of them immigrants from
Yemen. Local Council since 1977.
The main element in the emblem is the synagogue.
Dov Gutterman, 8 April 2005