This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Yosypivka (Kyiv, Ukraine)

Last modified: 2007-06-23 by dov gutterman
Keywords: kiev | kyiv | yosypivka | iosipovka | bila tserkva |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



(2:3)
image from the site of Ukrainian Heraldry



See also:


The Flag

From the site of Ukrainian Heraldry:
"On the blue rectangular panel with a ratio of the sides as 2:3 is white crossed arrow with twist on beam."
Dov Gutterman
, 7 June 2007


Coat of Arms


image from the site of Ukrainian Heraldry

From the site of Ukrainian Heraldry:
"Azure; argent crossed arrow with twist on beam. The shield enframed by or cartouche and crowned by or village crown. The author is E.Chernets'kyi.
Symbols use a sign and colours of Proskura-Suschans'kyi emblem, which belonged to oldest families of Kyiv land. Their arms was fixed on seales of XV century.
E.Chernets'kyi, "The symbols of Bilotserkivschyna"."
Dov Gutterman, 7 June 2007


The Village

From the site of Ukrainian Heraldry:
"Village (the first name is Juzefyn) was found by the landowner Juzef Proskura-Suschans'kyi in 1824. First settlers arrived from Makiivka village. It was named im honour of Juzefa - third daughter of Proskura-Suschans'kyi."
Dov Gutterman, 7 June 2007