Last modified: 2008-08-23 by jarig bakker
Keywords: semerovo |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag and coat of arms of Semerovo are on this
website. The first written notice is from the year 1210. It is mentioned
as Eccl. S. Michaelis de villa Scemera with a Roman-Catholic church of
sv. Michal (st. Michael) belonging to the diocese of Ostrihom.
The village is situated in the district of Nové Zámky in Podunajská nížina (a lowland) in the altitude range from 140 to 225 meters above the sea level, 17 km far from Nové Zámky, 45 km from Komárno and 65 km from Nitra.
The village has a coat of arms, banner, seal and a logo of the village approved by a heraldry committee.
One of the oldest findings in the area of Slovakia from the era of the Roman empire is the Roman stone from 229 AD. It comes from the time of Alexander Sever. The stone was found in the beginning of the 20th century in the village and was inserted into the wall of the church in a very unlucky place. The limestone of parameters: 0,47 x 0,98 m with the letters of the height of 0,05 m has very damaged letters, which is enclosed by two scrolled semicircles from two sides and these are decorated by a flower.
Jarig Bakker, 29 Jan 2002