Last modified: 2006-10-28 by dov gutterman
Keywords: zagreb | dubrava |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
there is a publication of the tourist office including drawings
of the coat of arms of all the communities in the County (that
adopted coat of arms). For Dubrava there is shown a coat of arms
showing a deer springing on a green base in a blue shield. The [las39] showes such coat of arms for
Dubrava, claiming it to have been granted in 1636.
The place was once a fortres of the Zagreb church authorities, known as place of the election of Ivan Zapolja (John Zapolya - in Hunagrain known Janos Zápolya or Szapolyai) for the Croatian king in 1526 on the Croatian parliament session there against Ferdinanad Habsburg elected in Cetingrad in 1527.
It is not to be confuzed with an other Dubrava - a former community in Zagreb (and a number of other places sharing the same name).
Željko Heimer, 31 July 2006