Last modified: 2008-08-30 by jarig bakker
Keywords: thuringia | saalfeld-rudolstadt county | landkreis saalfeld-rudolstadt | rudolstadt | coat of arms: quartered (barry: black-yellow) | coat of arms: quartered (crancelin) | coat of arms: quartered (eagle: black) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Stefan Schwoon
Flag adopted 8th February 1995, coat-of-arms adopted 16th January 1995
Green-yellow with the arms. The first and the fourth quarters contain the arms of the principality of Schwarzburg which was already briefly discussed on this list a few weeks ago. Sources: flag from Ulle 2000, arms from the Thuringia official website.
Stefan Schwoon, 16 March 2001
Flag adopted 08.02.1995, according to Dirk Schönberger's Administrative Divisions of the World website. From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on January 16, 1995. Saalfeld was an important city and from 1680-1745 the capital of the Duchy of Saxony-Saalfeld. This is symbolised by the arms of Saxony in the second and third quarter. The other two quarters show the arms of the Princes of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt.
Literature: Linder and Olzog 1996.
Santiago Dotor, 22 February 2002