Last modified: 2007-10-06 by jarig bakker
Keywords: most | towerbridge |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The flag of the city of Most (Usti Region, CZE) has seven horizontal
stripes, blue and white (which is known) - but their ratio is 15:11:15:11:
... 11:15. The flag has been approved 19 May 1998. See the Most
website. Most means "bridge".
Jan Zrzavy, 22 Jul 2002
City emblem is used according to the ancient silver seal from the time
around 1400. On a blue coat-of-arms there is an ashlar-built silver bridge
of three high-vaulted arches, equipped with fourteen crenels. The bridge
pillars grow from the lower edge of the coat-of-arms. Two silver ashlar
towers visible from two sides stand on the bridge, each with a ground floor
gate on the left, a first floor window on the front side above the gate
and two windows on the side walls. Each tower has got a battlement with
three crenels on each side and a red a-shaped roof with a gold bunch-of-grapes-like
cupola. A rising silver rightwards-turned erected double-tailed lion with
a red tongue and a gold crown on the head stands on the bridge in between
the towers. A six-pointed gold star is flying above the lion's head. On
the imprint the both sides are reverse ! The city emblem is a talking sign,
it means that the picture of the bridge expresses the city name.
Source: the Most website.
Jarig Bakker, 19 Jul 2001