Last modified: 2008-08-30 by dov gutterman
Keywords: cesar | bosconia |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Dov Gutterman, 16 August 2008
Bosconia is a town and municipality in Cesar Department. It
was founded on 20 August 1958 by Enrique Arón Ayén and Agustin
Mackenzie in honor of Catholic church priest Saint John Bosco.
The village became a train station stop for the farmers in the
area. In 1979 Bosconia formally becomes a municipality.
The flag of Bosconia is horizontally divided: "morado obispo" [bishop's mulberry]-white yellow.
Information in Spanish:
"Amarillo. Riqueza de nuestro ente territorial.
Blanco. Paz en que vivimos.
Morado Obispo. Nobleza, Pureza, Esfuerzo y DEdicacion de nuestra gente."
Sources: wikipedia, municipal web site.
Dov Gutterman, 16 August 2008
image from municipal web site